Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Children in Need...Be a World Changer

Be a World Changer - that was the topic of Sunday School on February 27, when a missionary from Uganda was sharing about the issues affecting the children there. So many of them are heartbreaking and gutwrenching.

For me it is also a reminder taht children everywhere in the world are in need (Uganda, Japan, USA, etc..). They suffer and need people to care for them and to have a desire to help change their worlds.

Look around you and you will see many ways you can help the children. Be it support the missionaries, caseworkers, foster parents, pastors, teachers, doctors, judges, and the list goes on. Ask and people will tell you what they need and how you can help.

In the words of the missionary from that morning, REACT to what is happening in the world around you. Be a world changer - one life at a time.

Changing and helping children one life at a time has been my motto even in my own life and work.  I live by the story of the old man and the starfish.  (Google that story, it is awesome).  That story is my energy daily in my work, help kids one starfish at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment